Why We've Signed the Armed Forces CovenantPosted on June 28, 2018
We’ve long been supporters of ex-forces personnel finding rewarding careers in the energy industry. We have renewed our commitment to veterans and their families by signing the Armed Forces Covenant, a promise to support those who have proudly protected our nation.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation, ensuring that those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, are treated fairly. The Covenant is a national responsibility and the Government is committed to delivering the best possible outcomes for the Armed Forces community by working with a range of delivery partners including businesses, local authorities, charities and the public.
1.1 We PWE Recruitment Group Ltd will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate especially for the injured or bereaved.
2.1 PWE Recruitment Group Ltd recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, by:
- promoting the fact that we are an armed forces-friendly organisation;
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old and working with the Career Transition Partnership (CTP), to establish a tailored employment pathway for Service Leavers;
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment;
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible;
- offering support to our local cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools, where possible;
- any additional commitments PWE could make (based on local circumstances).
2.2 We will publicise these commitments through our literature and/or on our website, setting out how we will seek to honour them and inviting feedback from the Service community and our customers on how we are doing.
See our listing on the Armed Forces Covenant website here.
Are you looking to start a rewarding career in the energy industry? Our dedicated team are here to help you find a position that suits you, get in touch on 01502 564892 or email email@example.com