Type: Permanent vacancy
Our client is a world leading specialist contractor for technically advanced structures and enclosures. We are currently recruiting on their behalf for an Estimator to work in their Sales team, based in their offices in Diss, Norfolk. You will be responsible for compiling estimates of how much it will cost to provide a client or potential client with products or services.
Duties will include:
• Working from architectural & structural drawings and specifications, the job involves assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Tender enquiries and budget quotations are requested from main contractors, Cost Consultants and Architects and the aim of the Estimator is to service these enquiries within a set time frame.
• Work is at times autonomous with help and support provided by the Senior Estimator, Estimators & Internal Pre-Construction department.
• You will be responsible for ensuring you get the best price that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, whilst ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably.
• You will be required to produce quality written and informative submissions supported by internally produced design and engineering documents in a timely manner.
• It is expected that the successful candidate will have experience of the construction industry and specifically, steel, glass and cladding knowledge.
• Excellent numerical, analytical, communication and organisational skills, commercial acumen, problem solving ability, IT skills, confidentiality and attention to detail are imperative.
This is a full-time permanent position. On offer is a competitive salary and an exciting working environment, 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays per year increasing with service, and a discretionary annual bonus.
For more information, please apply and one of our consultants will contact you.
To apply for this job please send us your CV