Senior PHP Developer
Location: Bury St Edmunds
Type: Permanent vacancy
Our client is an innovative information technology company, based in Bury St Edmunds, providing IT, software and applications solutions to the retail property industry.
We are recruiting on their behalf for a Senior PHP developer. This is a full-time position at a senior level and can be based in their offices in Suffolk, Cambridge or Manchester. It may also be feasible for this to be a home based role woth some attendance at their offices.
The role will involve you coding and implementing web-based projects using your in-depth knowledge of PHP. You will be involved with all aspects of website and web application development from new functionality to integration testing, maintenance, and upgrades.
Duties will include:
• Translating client requirements into application features
• Working with your development team to set specifications for new applications
• Designing creative prototypes according to specifications
• Writing high quality code to program complete applications within deadlines
• Performing unit and integration testing before launch
• Conducting functional and non-functional testing
• Troubleshooting/debugging applications
• Evaluating existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
• Developing technical documents to cover application design and code
• Proven experience as application developer
• HTML / CSS skills as well as GitHub
• MySQL skills
• A good eye for user experience design
• An understanding of Agile approaches and software testing procedures
• Knowledge of Bootstrap, WordPress, CodeIgniter (or other MVC frameworks) and LAMP stack.
• Knowledge of current SEO techniques would be advantageous.
For more information, and a full job specification, please apply and one of our consultants will contact you.
To apply for this job please send us your CV