Location: Bury St Edmunds
Type: Permanent vacancy
Our client is an innovative information technology company, based in Bury St Edmunds, providing IT, software and applications solutions to the retail property industry globally.
Due to their continued success and growth we are recruiting on their behalf for a talented Junior to Mid-Weight PHP developer. You will be coding and supporting web-based projects centred around an in-depth knowledge of PHP and front-end technologies. You will be involved with all aspects of website and web application development from new functionality to integration testing, maintenance, and upgrades.
You will be working closely with the team using your problem-solving skills and knowledge to find appropriate solutions. You will need to be adaptable, able to cope with some ambiguity in design specifications as well as changing and evolving priorities.
• Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features.
• Collaborate with the development team to understand specifications.
• Design creative prototypes according to specifications.
• Write high-quality code to program complete applications within deadlines.
• Support unit and integration testing before launch.
• Troubleshoot and debug applications.
• Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features.
• Develop technical documents/handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
• At least 2 years experience of developing robust well-documented code.
• Familiarity with object-oriented programming & PHP frameworks (Codeigniter, Laravel etc.)
• Understanding of Version Control concepts and best practices e.g. Git-Flow, Agile etc
• Knowledge of Bootstrap, WordPress, LAMP stack
• A good eye for user experience design, attention to detail and time-management skills
This is a full-time permanent position.
For more information and a full job description, please apply and one of our c
To apply for this job please send us your CV