Type: Permanent vacancy
Our client has World Class expertise in the design, supply, support and monitoring of large motors and generators.
We are recruiting on their behalf for a Generator and Motor Commissioning Engineer, who is experienced in the commissioning, servicing and on-going support of large high voltage generators, motors and associated equipment. This is a challenging role in which the candidate should demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative for extended periods, supervise others and liaise with customers at a senior level. They should be able to deliver technical solutions to capital projects in support of our customers' requirements. Successful candidates would be expected to work globally and offshore.
The prospective candidate should have the following skill levels:
• Familiarity of rotating plant in the range of 5 to 100MW, Power transformers up to 30 MW. Induction and synchronous motors up to 20MW. Ex OEM trained an advantage
• Working knowledge of digital/analogue AVR and PID control systems and understanding of logic control systems (PLC familiarity an advantage)
• Key skills in cable and wiring systems HV and LV + HV trained up to 13.8 KV
• Capability in commissioning of HV circuit breakers
• Understanding and commissioning ability of Generator protection systems and relays
• Circuit and system design knowledge an advantage
• Knowledge of prime mover plant - diesel, gas
Candidates should hold HNC/HND or Degree in Power Engineering.
Base salary is £30,000 with potential earnings of £50-60,000 dependant on uplifts for working away/offshore
For more information, please apply and one of our consultants will contact you.
To apply for this job please send us your CV